Frequently Asked Questions
I have two kids sharing one computer. Can I use Children's Care?
Can I install Children's Care on more than one computer?
I want to change one of the messages that appears in the reminder. Can I?
Can my children view how much time is remaining?
I am using an older version of the software. Can I upgrade it?
I have forgotten the password. Can I reset it?
Q: I have two kids sharing one computer. Can I use Children's Care?
A: Yes, you can. Children's Care is especially useful in case two or more kids are sharing one computer. We recommend you the following configuration steps:
1. Create a password protected administrator account. Make sure the password is unknown to your kids. You need this account even the computer is normally used only by your kids.
2. Create user account for every of your kids. Make sure the accounts are with Limited/Standard User privileges.
3. Install Children's Care under your administrator account.
4. From your administrator account, choose Children's Care Configuration and adjust the settings for every user account
5. It is highly recommended to define different non-overlapping intervals for your kids, so everyone to have a time frame that is not in conflict with the others.
Check our Step by Step Installation & Configuration guide for more information.
Q: Can I install Children's Care on more than one computer?
A: The single user license limits the software usage to one computer. However you can use the same license on multiple computers in your household if they are used by your family for personal, not professional, needs.
For multiple computers in professional environment like schools, etc. you should purchase a license for every individual computer.
We offer flexible discounts for multiple copies. For computers in educational environment (schools, day care centers, etc.) we offer special pricing as part of Nature Health Contribution Program.
Q: Can my children view how much time is remaining?
A: Yes. They have to place and hold the mouse cursor over the Children's Care icon located in the Windows notification area. If there are time limits set for this account, the remaining time will be displayed. Please, note that this feature is accessible only in version 2.2 and above.
Q: I am using an older version of the software. Can I upgrade it?
A: Yes, you can. Your registration key is valid for all future versions of the software and all upgrades are completely free of charge.
To upgrade the sofware simply download and install the latest version.
Q: I have forgotten the password. Can I reset it?
A: Yes. The procedure is this:
1. Log off from all Limited/Standard User Accounts.
2. Log in with your Administrator
3. Go to Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Childrens' Care.
4. Get the latest version from the web site and install it back.
5. All settings will remain intact except the password. It will be restored to its default value.